The Princes of Earth eBook Michael Kurland

Adam Worthington is an intelligent, courageous young man from a provincial, repressive planet that has reverted to a kind of fundamental Puritanism. By nature a free-thinker and individualist, Adam has a tough time of it until he’s accepted at one of the Empire’s great schools, the University of Sol on Mars. Then he’s off on the greatest adventure of his life.
His journey through space includes dining with aliens, air swimming, a hijacking, a space trial, and an attempted murder. He finally arrives on campus, where he must face further challenges before his first year of classes begin.
A Young Adult Literary Guild Selection.
The Princes of Earth eBook Michael Kurland
This book is a "juvenile" science fiction novel in the best sense of the word. It is a tour of a galactic empire by a young man who has received a scholarship to the Imperial university. Most of the book is his trip from the backwater planet where he grew up to the University on Mars. Travel can be complicated in this imagined future and several adventures break out along what should have been a routine trip.A high school student will recognize the real cultures in history that inspire the peoples and planets encountered in this fictional world. There are some good ideas put foreward to stretch the mind, a brush with the dangers of politics, and the book never gets bogged down in details.
I find myself rereading this book every few years to remind me of what good science fiction should be. Highly recommended.
Product details
|

Tags : The Princes of Earth - Kindle edition by Michael Kurland. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading The Princes of Earth.,ebook,Michael Kurland,The Princes of Earth,Borgo Press,FICTION Science Fiction Adventure,FICTION Science Fiction Space Opera
People also read other books :
- Incarnation Wandering Stars Volume One Volume 1 Jason Tesar 9781477655153 Books
- Harry The People Prince Chris Hutchins 9781500984670 Books
- Comfort Joy edition by Charli Coty Literature Fiction eBooks
- The World Most Rotten Kid and other stories edition by James Hazard Literature Fiction eBooks
- Loratha Montage eBook David McNicholas Elissa McNicholas Monica McNicholas
The Princes of Earth eBook Michael Kurland Reviews
Great book. Too bad the series was never finished. The hooks are all there for 4-5 good books. I really wish he would write more in this series of books.
This is an amazing book I discovered at about age thirteen at my library. I have always loved it and to own a copy (a retired copy from a library) makes me so happy. Michael Kurland did an amazing job in world building for his readers and Adam is one of my favorite characters.
Ends in middle of the story; plot relies on very unlikely coincidences.
This is a wonderful story that deserves being a sci-fi classic and had just as much potential as another author's Honor Harrington series.
The author has dropped any future books for this series but it remains nonetheless a wonderful book filled with witticism and daring escapades.
I do hope to one day read a sequel.
I still find myself yearning to read this book occasionally, which says something to me about the quality of the writing.
It's a fantastic book with a well-crafted plot that takes you through the galaxy with a main character you feel that you know immediately. This is space opera in the best sense of the term. If you like Heinlein's juveniles or Lois McMaster Bujold, you'll love this one.
An out of print Michael Kurland I'd been wanting to reread for years. I was very happy to find it again and the price was reasonable. Shipped fairly quickly, and well protected. Happy with this transaction and overjoyed to be able to revisit this science fiction book. Not his best early work, but entertaining. His new works are mysteries, also very entertaining, but my favorite of Kurland's will always be the Unicorn Girl, a classic 70s trippy scifi, fun and funny.
I can't believe that it took me 33 years from the original publishing to discover this book. I had never heard of it or of its author. And it is a shame. This is a thoroughly enjoyable read reminiscent of the best Heinlein juvenile novels.
I like this kind of novels because beyond the coming of age story, the author usually takes the pretext of having a young and naive hero to express a deeper subtext. Michael Kurland doesn't fail to do so, exposing very adult subjects with simplicity, style and the kind of tongue in cheek humour I particularly like. I wish I had known about this book sooner.
This book is a "juvenile" science fiction novel in the best sense of the word. It is a tour of a galactic empire by a young man who has received a scholarship to the Imperial university. Most of the book is his trip from the backwater planet where he grew up to the University on Mars. Travel can be complicated in this imagined future and several adventures break out along what should have been a routine trip.
A high school student will recognize the real cultures in history that inspire the peoples and planets encountered in this fictional world. There are some good ideas put foreward to stretch the mind, a brush with the dangers of politics, and the book never gets bogged down in details.
I find myself rereading this book every few years to remind me of what good science fiction should be. Highly recommended.

0 Response to "[G1O]⇒ Libro Free The Princes of Earth eBook Michael Kurland"
Post a Comment